Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's Day Shrimp Potstickers


Photo courtesy of Martha Stewart

Ummm...Wow. I was introduced to these by a fellow blogger Alysha Russo who posts at The Savory Notebook. I usually don't try a lot of Martha Stewart recipes (other than her cookies), but these shrimp potstickers are fabulous, better than any I have tasted at any restaurant. I followed the recipe fairly closely with a few changes. I added about 2 cloves of garlic to the vegetable mixture, and omitted the cilantro and napa cabbage because I didn't have any. I also used wonton wrappers as opposed to gyoza as that is what I had on hand. Because I didn't want to cook them in batches, I cooked one batch in my nonstick skillet and one in my steel pan. You do get a slightly better sear in the steel pan, but if you really let the oil heat up in the nonstick you get a great brown crisp as well. These are a bit time-consuming, but not difficult.

No comments: