Monday, June 18, 2007


Well I have been diving into cooking a little bit more this past week, but pictures have been missing. I recently tried a dip by Sandra Lee that is meant to be used over roasted asparagus, but I used it with cold veggies (snow peas, zucchini and carrots - I would have made cold roasted asparagus if I could have found some - as an appetizer), and it was wonderful. Curry-Cashew Mayonnaise is very easy to make and a nice variation on dips for veggies. I upped the cashews and the curry a little, but really it is to your own tastes. (The photo is courtesy of foodnetwork.com).

The other new dish I tried was Grilled Potato and Onion Salad with Blue Cheese and Bacon. Okay - this is not a light dish, but so yummy with some grilled steaks. The presentation was somewhat lacking on mine because I used the grill as opposed to the grill rack to grill the potatoes. Mine was more like Charred potato salad. It will definitely be kept in the recipe bin, I just need to work on my grilling skills. If you are so inspired, I hope you try either of these recipes.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Laura,

Hurray, you are back, I had been cking in and so glad you are making me drool at the computer again. email me

kim

Laura said...

kim, how are you? I hope your old email address is the same.