Tuesday, June 26, 2007



So a few years ago I took my kids to TGIFridays for lunch at the end of the school year. For the most part, I was reminded of why I can not stand the place; too loud, bad service, oversized meals, but I did enjoy the barbeque chicken salad I had there. I never tried to replicate it at home because I did not have a corn-black bean salsa that I really enjoyed. Once I found the Southwestern Salsa with Black Beans and Corn recipe from Southern Living (note I cut the recipe in half as it makes a lot), I did my best to replicate the salad. Essentially, I line a plate with greens and alternate the salsa, tomatoes, avocado, and cheese. I drizzle the salad with ranch dressing and barbeque sauce, and lay sliced barbecue chicken across the top. The salad is hearty and delicious, yet comes together quite easily.

3 comments:

Amy said...

One of my faves! Yumm!

Laura said...

Amy, my favorite poster. We must think of what to eat when I come visit. If you like curry, try the the dip I mentioned in the different post.

jhjumper said...

Laura, I am quite proud of you for starting up again. You always have great recipes - remember New Year's Eves together in Jackson? :)