Saturday, October 04, 2008

Do you know that stroganoff does not photograph all that well?

This is the best shot I could find. Family members will look at this and say this does not look like mom's recipe! But I have to say, that her beef stroganoff was never my favorite. It could have been the canned mushrooms, but more than that, I think it was the addition of tomato sauce. This recipe has come to be my favorite. I do modify it though. I add significantly more sour cream and add a healthy amount of dill. I also make a roux to turn the sauce into more of a gravy. This recipe comes from Tyler Florence; I have found so many of his recipes to be right on. To my family -- I know you all love mom's recipe, but if you want to try something a little more traditional, you might want to try this one as well.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Just to be contrary, I made grandma's stroganoff last night and it was delicious.

Laura said...

Yes, I knew it was dangerous trying and posting about a different recipe, but this one is more to Scott's liking.