Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mushy Apples still make for an awesome cake


My family seems to go through spurts with the fruit they eat; for awhile, I couldn't keep enough apples in the house. Then, as if there was some rule put into place known to all in my family but me, apples were no longer the fruit of the day. Unfortunately (or fortunately once I share this recipe), the apples I had previously bought continued to sit day after day, while peaches, grapes, and cherries were the new fruits in vogue. I have not made Cooking Light's Cinnamon-Apple Cake for quite some time, and I really don't know why. It is easy to make and is a great way to use some of those apples that have started to go soft. My only real changes are that I use 1/4 cup less sugar in the actual cake, and I don't use margarine. There is no need to chop the apples finely or evenly. The cake tastes great no matter what.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad you have started posting again! Your cake looks yummy.

Laura said...

It is in our cookbook too. It is super yummy.

Barb said...

Wow you are posting again. I love knowing what is cooking at your house to inspire me at my house.

Colleen Wachob said...

Laura, yeah for a couple of new posts! I think about you and Scott often... I never remember to ask Mom for your phone number. Isn't that a pathetic excuse for not heralding you with my congratulations? I love you and I am glad to keep up with a little piece of your life as you begin posting again. Have you looked at the girls on our blog? You can follow my comment to the link if you are interested! Love, Colleen

Colleen Wachob said...

Oops... now I see you already have our blog! Hope all is well, give our love to Paige and Jack!