Tuesday, March 11, 2008


Looking for some quick and easy recipes

Recently, I spent the day lounging in bed (does it count that I was fighting off a cold) and was looking through my Rachel Ray 30 minutes or less cookbook. I have to say that I am not necessarily a fan, but I do appreciate the concept of the cookbook. Home-cooked meals that are quick and tasty. I first had spaghetti carbonara in Italy. Okay, this recipe does not compare to my memories of that meal. But for a nice quick meal, this one comes together in the amount of time it takes to cook your pasta. The link will take you to a recipe is called Rigatoni alla carbonara, but the original recipe called for spaghetti. In either case, you are having pasta, with garlic, parmesean cheese, and pancetta -- can you really go wrong?

I initially made the recipe by using wine instead of chicken stock. Word to the wise, using your 3 month old opened bottle of Sauvignon Blanc is not a good idea when the wine taste will figure prominently in the recipe. I trashed the wine reduction, saved the pancetta and remade the sauce. For us, the chicken broth option was the way to go.

No comments: