Saturday, October 07, 2006

When life gives you lemons...

Make lemon-blueberry scones!!


I don't really consider myself a baker. Baking requires following directions; baking requires exact measurements; baking requires knowing if your oven temperature is correct. Yet, I yearn to be a baker. This recipe for the lemon-blueberry scones was created from two different recipes so I was free to not have to follow the directions exactly. Neither of the flavors is overpowering, and they come together beautifully. The glaze is simply lemon juice and powdered sugar. Who knows... this may be the start of something new.

3 comments:

Cookie Madness said...

Nice photo! I like how you put them on the checkered tablecloth

Cookie Madness said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura said...

Thanks, Anna. It actually is a great blue and white checkerboard plate, but I liked the way it looked with the scones.