Tuesday, September 12, 2006


While I have been finding my way back to my kitchen, I failed to find my way back to my blog. I kept telling myself that I really didn't want to "publish" my blog until I became more proficient at HTML, but I think having my blog out there will force me to do so.
Picture courtesy of www.epicurious.com
This past weekend brought cooler temperatures which prompted me to make a lasagna that I have been wanting to try for months. Roasted Portobello and Prosciutto Lasagna comes from the October 2004 issue of Bon Appetit. It is decadent and rich and brings together a wonderful blend of flavors.... but it is not cheap. I think the total cost was close to $25. I will make it again and likely try to lighten it by using 1% milk in the bechamel sauce. Some dinners, however, are worth an extra 20 minutes on the treadmill. This might be one of them.

5 comments:

Erika W. said...

Laura, did you take that picture? It's stunning.

Enjoy learning blogging. I really enjoy it. :-)

Laura said...

No, that is a picture from Bon Appetit. Once I get my new digital camera, I hope be playing around with the photographs more.

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joe said...

Nice to see you starting a blog Laura - I can't wait to see more!

Laura said...

Thanks Joe. Your blog is truly an inspiration so I look to it often for both ideas and recipes.